The survey of sales conducted between the time period of December 20,2015 to December 11, 2016 is mentioned in the following list. It constitutes the raw yen aggregate of Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, music CDs, novels in print but excludes games, film tickets, digital downloads, and various form of media sales. (1 yen = 0.0085 usd)
Rank / Estimated Sales / Title / Main Source of Income
- 1/8,048,798,040/Love Live!/Home video.
- 2/6,656,539,884/One Piece/Manga
- 3/6,290,467,716/Osomatsu-kun/Home video.
- 4/5,385,359,888/The [email protected]/Music
- 6/4,368,473,005/Moblie Suit Gundam/Home video.
- 7/4,234,939,485/Girls und Panzer/Home video.
- 8/4,216,044,680/Assassination Classroom/Manga
- 9/3,845,406,579/Attack on Titan/Manga
- 11/3,627,055,636/Star Wars Series/Home video.
- 12/3,372,664,826/Monogatari Series/Home video.
- 13/3,271,319,757/Tokyo Ghoul/Manga
- 14/2,862,527,019/Detective Conan/Manga
- 16/2,727,119,180/The Seven Deadly Sins/Manga
- 17/2,703,360,132/your name./Novel
- 18/2,668,416,616/Kamen Rider Series/Home video.
- 19/2,596,513,416/My Hero Academia/Manga
- 20/2,005,169,078/One-Punch Man/Manga
- 21/1,954,757,080/Sekaiichi Muzukashii Koi/Music
- 22/1,934,633,401/Harry Potter Series/Novel
- 23/1,929,039,372/ARIA/Home video.
- 24/1,913,547,397/Terra Formars/Manga
- 25/1,878,804,092/Bungou Stray Dogs/Manga
- 27/1,787,213,253/Fairy Tail/Manga
- 29/1,763,517,268/Shokugeki no Sōma/Manga
Source : Oricon